Poor Vendor Support, Slow To React To Remote, Inconsistent, Poor Video Output
Unfortunately the product is not ready for prime time. While technically it has (almost) all one would want in a network player, it is really only for tech savvy folks who are willing to spend hours configuring their, well, DVD player.
There are numerous examples:
- Video output for 4:3 oftentimes "boxes" the video in a portion of the screen
- DivX Subtitles are not well supported (fonts are inaccurate)
- Streaming videos (VOBs) is not well supported (aspect ratio is incorrect)
- The player and the infrared share the same CPU so the player often does not react to the remote while playing (for example: one needs to press the Pause button before hitting Stop)
- UPnP support practically non-existent, consistently fails to navigate a remote Iomega UPnP device (which works elsewhere)
- Opening and closing the DVD try aborts any existing music or DVD playback
- Music playback in itself is bogus, and many MP3 either terminate mid-way or a 30 to 60 second pause between songs can come up (MP3 re-encoding helps, but hey, this is not why we buy a remote player...)
The price is attractive and you can get it to work, BUT...
Was this review helpful to you? Yes/No - You may also flag this review.