I ordered this tablet DVD player primarily because it has a larger than usual 9" screen. It primary use was for back seat car viewing, mounting it on the back of a headrest with the included headrest bag. Unfortunately this player does not work well for this purpose and has other shortcomings that will affect general usage as well. The problems:
1. The player has a "clam shell" design, i.e., the top half hinges open to load/remove the DVD or CD. This means that when used in the headrest bag, you have to remove the player and disconnect the power supply and headphones every time you want to change a disk. This risks damage to the unit and is a substantial inconvenience. Other tablet designs have slide out draws or a disk feed mechanisms which do not require removal from the headrest bag.
2. When using the headrest bag, the player must be connected to the car power source. It cannot use its own battery as the played would not fit in the headrest bag.
3. The volume of the players internal speakers is insufficient and are only adequate in very quiet conditions. The output to the headphones is minimal as well.
4. The volume control is obstructed by the headrest bag making changing the volumne difficult. The remote control cannot change the volume.
5. The viewing angle of the screen is extremely narrow both horizontally and vertically. When the player is mounted on a headrest, a person sitting in the middle-rear seat has a poor view of the screen image and has to lean over to see the image. A person sitting in the other rear seat (not directly in front of the screen) can not see the picture at all. This is perhaps the most serious flaw with the player. It is also extremely sensative to small changes to the vertical angle of the screen. Note that in my car the rear seat passengers sit very far from the front headrests. This should minimize this problem but it is still very severe.
I intend to return this product and try a different brand.
Was this review helpful to you? Yes/No - You may also flag this review.