19 in stock (as of 02/21/2017 11:19 AM)
View other products from Startech
FEATURES- 2 Port StarView KVM Switch
The StarView SV231 is a computer switch that allows access to two IBM
compatible computers from one keyboard, mouse and monitor. Switching
between computers is as easy as pressing the push button or entering
hot-key commands from your keyboard. There is no interface card and
software to install and the StarView is independent of the computer
operating system. The space-saving design enables you to connect
all the cables to the back of the SV231.
The StarView Switch enables you to connect computers with PS/2 or
serial mouse ports (using adapters supplied with each SV231), and
control both computers from one PS/2 mouse. The StarView auto-
matically identifies the mouse and switches to proper mouse
The SV231 is designed to work with Dell, Compaq, IBM and HP servers,
all PC notebook computers, and Compaq Alpha systems, ensuring a
smooth and reliable operating experience. Connected systems are
quickly switched between using fast-switch buttons. Its low cost,
super small size, and high 1920x1440 resolution display capability
make this switch perfect for any application where reliability,
compatibility, and faultless operation are important.
* Hot-pluggable to allow computers to be added or removed without worrying
about having to reboot the other connected systems.
* "Keep-alive" feature draws power from PC keyboard ports if power is lost.
* Switch will continue to operate during a power outage retaining complete
control of all connected systems.
* Rugged, all-metal 1U chassis for use in harsh environments and space-
* Fast switch-buttons for each port provide quick access to any connected
* High 1920x1440 resolution capability supports the most demanding
* Uses standard off-the-shelf cables or StarTech.com tangle-fee KVM cables
to connect PCs to the switch.
* All cables connect to the back of the switch reducing space requirements.
* Completely operating system independent. No software or drivers required.
CONNECTORs- PC ports: (2) HDDB15, Male
(4) 6-Pin MiniDIN, Female
Console : (1) HDDB15, Female
(2) 6-Pin MiniDIN, Female
PC SELECTION METHODS: Keyboard hot-key, Front panel button
VIDEO BANDWIDTH : 300 MHz
RESOLUTION : 1920 x 1440 pixels (max)
ENCLOSURE : Metal
POWER- The StarView consumes negligible power and is designed to run
reliably without an external power adapter.
SIZE - 4.96"w x 1.6"h x 2.8"d WT.- 14.7 ounces
MANUFACTURER WARRANTY: 1 YEAR
- 2 Port PS/2 KVM Switch
- 2 x PS/2 Mouse Connectors
- 4 x Rubber feet
- 1 x Hot-key Quick Reference
- 1 x Instruction Manual
- Hot-pluggable to allow computers to be added or removed without worrying about having to reboot the other connected systems.
- "Keep-alive" feature draws power from PC keyboard ports if power is lost. Switch will continue to operate during a power outage retaining complete control of all connected systems.
- Rugged, all-metal chassis for use in harsh environments and space-saving cabinets.
- Fast switch-buttons for each port provide quick access to any connected system.
- Uses standard off-the-shelf cables or StarTech.com tangle-fee KVM cables to connect PCs to the switch
- All cables connect to the back of the switch reducing space requirements
- Completely operating system independent. No software or drivers required.
Platform Supported: PC
Environmentally Friendly: Yes
Environmental Certification: RoHS
Environmental Certification: WEEE
|Manufacturer Part Number||SV231|
|Manufacturer Website Address||http://www.startech.com|
|Product Name||2 Port PS/2 KVM Switch|
|Marketing Information||Control up to two VGA and PS/2-connected computers from a single keyboard, mouse and monitor. This 2 Port PS/2 KVM Switch is a reliable computer management tool that allows you to control multiple computers from one source, minimizing downtime by making connected computers and input devices available as soon as they are attached.|
This sturdy PS/2 KVM Switch features an all-metal, 1U chassis that adds to the unit's reliability and dependability.
The PS/2 KVM switch is designed to work with Dell, Compaq, IBM and HP servers, all PC notebook computers, and Compaq Alpha systems, and supports resolutions of up to 1920x1440 - ensuring a smooth and broadly compatible operating experience.
|Product Type||KVM Switchbox|
|Additional Product Specifications|
|Full Product Specifications||Click to view|
|Number of Computers Supported||2|
|Number of Local Users Supported||1|
|Minimum Scan Interval||3 Second|
|Maximum Video Resolution||1920 x 1440|
|Number of PS/2 Ports||6|
|Number of VGA Ports||1|
|Input Voltage||9 V DC|
|Weight (Approximate)||14.80 oz|
|ProductTitle||StarTech.com 2 Port Professional PS/2 KVM switch - PS/2 - 2 ports - 1 local user - 1U - 2 x 1 - 2 x mini-DIN (PS/2) Keyboard|
|Limited Warranty||3 Year|
|Beach Audio Warranty|
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday, February 21, 2017.